We purchase goods and services from a wide range of suppliers for all our facilities around the world. Our supply chain includes inputs to our medical and industrial technologies, logistics and packaging services, information technology services, office supplies, and much more. We are committed to purchasing from ethical suppliers and hold our suppliers to the same ethical standards as ourselves.
We require our Key Suppliers, based on spend and priority of components supplied, to follow our Supplier Code of Conduct, which outlines our expectations of policies and procedures that they are expected to comply with. As a baseline, all suppliers must comply with all the relevant laws and regulations in the countries in which they operate. Our code provides additional guidance on:
- Labor rights, including child and forced labor, wages, and discrimination;
- Occupational health and safety, including emergency management, injury, and illness;
- Environmental impacts, including pollution and hazardous materials;
- Ethics, including anti-corruption and non-retaliation;
- Conflict minerals; and
- Compliance, including self-assessments and training.
In 2021, we started to survey digitally our Key Suppliers to assess their compliance with added environmental criteria. New and existing suppliers are required to meet these additional criteria by the end of the year 2023 in order to remain or become a Novanta supplier.